Volunteer training/orientation is open to any member of a Southern Baptist church who is at least 18 years of age. Attending training/orientation does not obligate you to serve, but is necessary before serving. Everyone is required to attend both Introduction to Southern Baptist Disaster Relief and Feeding Unit/Line Serving orientation. Disaster Relief ID badges are issued to those who complete training and who pass background checks. Badges expire to insure that EVERYONE attends training every five years.
Regional trainings cover Feeding, Chain Saw, Mud-out and Damage Assessment, Child Care, Shower/Laundry Trailer, First Aid and Water Purification. Assessment training is open to only those who have previously completed Mud-out and Chain Saw training.
Persons interested in volunteering as part of the Disaster Relief must attend a DR orientation at one of the sites listed below. Time: 8:00 am-1:00 pm. Fee $15.00 per person which can be paid in cash or check the day of the training. Please pre-register using the form below as this will speed up the process.
- May 6, 2018 (Feeding and Recovery only) – Altus, Martha Road Baptist Church – 20388 E. CR 158, Altus, OK 73521
- June 16, 2018 – Madill, First Baptist Church – 210 S. 1st St., Madill 73446
- August 11, 2018 – Enid, Emmanuel Baptist Church – 2505 W. Garriott Rd, Enid 73703
- September 29, 2018 – Stillwater, Cimarron Association, Countryside Baptist Church 2124 S. Western Rd., Stillwater 74074
- October 20, 2018 – Putnam City Baptist Church, 11401 N. Rockwell Ave, OKC
- September 8, 2018 – Elk City, First Baptist Church, 1600 West Country Club Blvd., 73644 Time: 1:00 pm-4:00 pm
- September 9, 2018 – Cheyenne, First Baptist Church, 608 E. Broadway, 73628 Time: 1:00 pm-4:00 pm